Join the fight in Oregon! Our "We The People" conference will bring together ACLU members and supporters from across state for an entire day of workshops, networking, and community building.
The conference will revolve around skill development, issue analysis, and building advocacy strategies. This will be a great place for anyone looking to meet other activists, gain knowledge and practical skills on civil rights and civil liberties issues, and plug into the work of the ACLU of Oregon and other organizations in the fight for social justice. Plus, we will have a special keynote speech from Maru Mora Villalpando, one of the country’s most prominent and fearless immigrant-rights activists!
|8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.||Check in/Registration and Breakfast|
|9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.||Conference Opening with David Rogers|
|10:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.||
Workshop Session 1 - multiple offered
|noon - 1 p.m.||Lunch and Keynote from Maru Mora Villalpando|
|1 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.||Group Photo|
|1:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.||Workshop Session 2 - multiple offered|
|3 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.||Workshop Session 3 - multiple offered|
Workshop Breakout Sessions
- Fighting Oregon's Anti-Immigrant Ballot Measure
- District Attorney Accountability: Criminal Justice Reform’s Next Frontier
- Fundraising for Social Change
- Protester Rights and Mobile Justice App Overview
- Building Political Influence: Lobbying Decision Makers and Beyond
- Overview of the 2018 Supreme Court Session
- Reproductive Justice Advocacy: What is ahead?
- Telling Your Story: Op-Eds, Letters to the Editor, Testimony, and more!
- Crimmigration: The Criminalization of Immigrant Communities
- Digital Privacy Issue Briefing
- Immigrant Rights Advocacy: What is at Stake?