What is the Development Associate position at the ACLU of Oregon?
As of the date of this posting (September 18, 2023), we are seeking to fill one Development Associate position:
- Summary of this position: The team member in this position is a thoughtful and organized doer and customer service provider who is effective at and enjoys learning systems and processes, doing data entry and producing reports, and supporting the administrative and research needs of a fundraising team.
- What this position does: This position supports our organizational goal of grounding our fundraising efforts in racial equity and social justice by following the guiding principles of community-centric fundraising. Specific responsibilities of this position including processing gifts and gift acknowledgments, providing customer services to donors and members, doing data entry, analyzing fundraising data, conducting prospective donor research, producing reports and mailing lists, being the “expert” on our fundraising software, and managing and responding to communications sent to the development team.
- Who this position works with: This position is a member of the Development Team and also works closely, collaboratively, and supportively with all areas of the ACLU of Oregon, including administration, integrated advocacy, legal, policy, communications and storytelling, community engagement, and finance, HR, and operations. This position also works with staff members at ACLU National.
- What values are important and required: This position requires strong and continued commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, anti-racism, anti-misogyny, anti-transphobia, anti-homophobia, anti-ableism, and all other types of anti-oppression, as well as the proven ability to incorporate these values in work both internal and external to our organization.
- Where to get more information: Please review this job description for more information about this position.
- Organizational note: The ACLU of Oregon reserves the privilege to make changes to job duties and responsibilities for positions consistent with the values and operational needs of the ACLU of Oregon which may change from time to time.
What are the minimum qualifications for this position?
We are looking for individuals with the following experience:
- Required: prior experience with or related to customer service, learning systems and processes, doing data entry and producing reports, and administrative support and research. We will consider applicants who can demonstrate the ability to grow their strengths in these areas even though they may not have direct formal education or work experience.
- Required: proven significant and continuous commitment to and experience with work and efforts — both internal and external to an organization — that align with and further the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, anti-racism, anti-misogyny, anti-transphobia, anti-homophobia, anti-ableism, and other forms of anti-oppression.
- Strongly preferred: prior work, volunteer, or lived experience with communities and coalitions doing racial justice work.
- Alternative: Or equivalent education and/or experience.
What are the pay & benefits for this position?
This is a salaried, exempt, full-time position. The current annual salary for this position is $64,800.
Because we have established an internal salary system that centers equity, clarity and transparency, competitiveness, and sustainability, salaries for positions are not negotiable.
Our current excellent benefits package includes:
- paid vacation time,
- paid sick time,
- paid personal time,
- 14.5 paid holidays per year
- office shutdown periods during summer and winter as consistent with the organization’s values and work needs
- flexible Friday hours, consistent with operational needs
- remote work stipend and commute-related benefits
- health insurance (medical/vision and dental)
- life insurance
- long-term disability insurance
- employer contributions to a wellness FSA account
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching and other contributions of up to 5.5% of salary, subject to the organization’s 401(k) plan requirements, which include a vesting schedule
- support for work related coaching
- parental leave
- funds to support professional development related to work
- funds to support relationship and connection building related to work
Please note that all employment-related pay and benefits provided to ACLU of Oregon’s employees are subject to all applicable policies, practices, processes, and legal requirements, including changes to them that may occur from time to time.
How do I apply for this position?
An application package requires the following three parts:
- Cover letter. Please include why you are interested in the Development Associate position and the ACLU of Oregon, including the organizational values and issue areas that most call to you.
- Work samples. Please provide at least two work samples (professional, school-related, or personal) that showcase skills and abilities that you believe are relevant and important to the Development Associate position.
Who to contact for assistance?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance accessing the job posting or job application or need disability-related accommodations.