Reporting police misconduct is an important step that can lead to better police accountability.

To file a complaint, use the links below.

If your law enforcement agency is not listed or has little information you may:

• Download and submit a Complaint Form with the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, a statewide program that develops and regulates professional standards for law enforcement.

• Contact the local law enforcement agency directly and ask to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor should be able to answer your questions and assist you with filing a complaint.

Clackamas County Sheriff
Sheriff Craig Roberts
2223 S. Kaen Rd.
Oregon City, OR 97045
(503) 655-8218
Directions on how to file a Citizen Complaint Form
• Download a Citizen Complaint Form for the Professional Standards Unit
Canby Police Gladstone Police
Chief Bret Smith
1175 NW 3rd Ave.
Canby, OR 97013
(503) 266-1104
Chief Jim Jolly
535 Portland Ave.
Gladstone, OR 97027
(503) 655-8211

• Download a Citizen Complaint Form

  • Send a letter using the following directions:
  • Date/time/location of event 
  • Employee’s name 
  • Name, address, and phone number of witnesses 
  • A description of what happened 
  • Any additional information 
Happy Valley Police Lake Oswego Police
Chief Scott Anderson
12915 SE King Rd.
Happy Valley, OR 97086
(503) 760-0123
Chief Don Johnson
380 A Avenue, 2nd Floor
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
(503) 635-0238

Contact the Director of Community Services & Public Safety, Steve Campbell

Contact the Police Department
Submit an Anonymous Tip

• Submit a complaint form. 

Milwaukie Police Oregon City Police
Chief Steve Bartol
3200 SE Harrison St.
Milwaukie, OR 97222
(503) 786-7500
Chief Jim Band
320 Warner Milne Road
Oregon City, OR 97045
(503) 657-4964
Contact the Public Safety Advisory Committee Chair, Mary Weaver
• Submit a City of Milwaukie Citizen Request
• For information on the Oregon City Police Advisory Group, call the Oregon City Police Department

Submit an ethics report

West Linn Police Wilsonville Police
Chief Terry Timeus
1800 8th Ave.
West Linn, OR 97068
(503) 655-6214
Chief Adam Phillips
30000 SW Town Center, Loop E
Wilsonville, OR 97070
(503) 682-1012
Contact the West Linn Public Safety Advisory Committee Chair, Dennis Richey • Submit a Request or Citizen Concern Form to the City of Wilsonville

*This information is not intended as legal advice. If you find that any of this information has changed or is no longer up-to-date, email us. Last updated in August 2017.