Reporting police misconduct is an important step that can lead to better police accountability.

To file a complaint, use the links below.

If your law enforcement agency is not listed or has little information you may:

• Download and submit a Complaint Form with the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, a statewide program that develops and regulates professional standards for law enforcement.

• Contact the local law enforcement agency directly and ask to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor should be able to answer your questions and assist you with filing a complaint.

Coos County Sheriff Coos Bay Police
Sheriff Craig Zanni
250 N Baxter
Coquille, OR 97423
(541) 396-7800
Chief Gary McCullough
500 Central Ave.
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420
(541) 269-8911

Directions on how to file a complaint
”You may contact the Sheriff’s Office and request to speak to the supervisor of the member who you wish to file a complaint against. Complaints can be taken over the phone; however, if you have a serious complaint, it is recommended that you put your complaint into writing so that it may be addressed through the proper chain of command.”

Fill out a Citizen's Concern Form.

*This information is not intended as legal advice. If you find that any of this information has changed or is no longer up-to-date, email us. Last updated in August 2017.