Reporting police misconduct is an important step that can lead to better police accountability.

To file a complaint, use the links below.

If your law enforcement agency is not listed or has little information you may:

• Download and submit a Complaint Form with the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, a statewide program that develops and regulates professional standards for law enforcement.

• Contact the local law enforcement agency directly and ask to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor should be able to answer your questions and assist you with filing a complaint.

Grant County Sheriff John Day Police
Sheriff Glenn Palmer
205 S. Humbolt St.
Canyon City, Oregon 97820
(541) 575-1131
Chief Richard Gray
450 E. Main St.
John Day, OR 97845
(541) 575-0030
Contact sheriff to submit a complaint. More information here. 
  Submit a complaint with the city. 

*This information is not intended as legal advice. If you find that any of this information has changed or is no longer up-to-date, email us. Last updated in August 2017.