Reporting police misconduct is an important step that can lead to better police accountability.

To file a complaint, use the links below.

If your law enforcement agency is not listed or has little information you may:

• Download and submit a Complaint Form with the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, a statewide program that develops and regulates professional standards for law enforcement.

• Contact the local law enforcement agency directly and ask to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor should be able to answer your questions and assist you with filing a complaint.


Lane County Sheriff Cottage Grove Police
Sheriff Byron Trapp
125 E. 8th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 682-4150
Chief Scott Shepard
400 E. Main St.
Cottage Grove, OR 97424
(541) 942-9145
Directions on how to file a complaint
• Download a Complaint Investigation Form
• No info provided
Eugene Police Springfield Police
Chief Pete Kerns
3410 K St.
Baker City, OR 97814
(541) 682-5111
Chief Tim Doney
230 4th St.
Springfield, OR 97477
(541) 726-3714
• File a Eugene Police Complaint form online
Email Police Auditor Mark Gissiner
• Learn about the Civilian Review Board
Download info about Springfield Police Department's Mediation Program

*This information is not intended as legal advice. If you find that any of this information has changed or is no longer up-to-date, email us. Last updated in August 2017.