Reporting police misconduct is an important step that can lead to better police accountability.

To file a complaint, use the links below.

If your law enforcement agency is not listed or has little information you may:

• Download and submit a Complaint Form with the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, a statewide program that develops and regulates professional standards for law enforcement.

• Contact the local law enforcement agency directly and ask to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor should be able to answer your questions and assist you with filing a complaint.

Multnomah County Sheriff
Sheriff Michael Reese
501 SE Hawthorne, Suite 350
Portland, OR 97214
(503) 988-4300
• Download and submit a Complaint Form
Gresham Police Troutdale Police
Chief Craig Junginger
1333 NW Eastman Parkway
Gresham, OR 97030
(503) 618-2318
Chief David Nelson
234 SW Kendall Ct
Troutdale, OR 97060
(503) 665-6129
• File a Citizen Comment Form •Download a Complaint Form
Portland Police  
Chief Danielle Outlaw
1111 S.W. 2nd Ave.
Portland, OR 97204
(503) 823-0000

There are a few ways to file a complaint with the Independent Police Review Division:

• In Person: Go to the Independent Police Review Division’s Office at City Hall
1221 SW 4th Ave., Room 140, Portland, 97204

By Phone: Call (503) 823-0146 to file
a complaint by phone or to talk to
someone about your situation

Online: Fill out the online Complaint Form

By Mail or Fax: Download a Complaint Form and submit it to the address/fax number provided on the form


*This information is not intended as legal advice. If you find that any of this information has changed or is no longer up-to-date, email us. Last updated in August 2017.