Reporting police misconduct is an important step that can lead to better police accountability.
To file a complaint, use the links below.
If your law enforcement agency is not listed or has little information you may:
• Download and submit a Complaint Form with the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, a statewide program that develops and regulates professional standards for law enforcement.
• Contact the local law enforcement agency directly and ask to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor should be able to answer your questions and assist you with filing a complaint.
|Multnomah County Sheriff|
|Sheriff Michael Reese
501 SE Hawthorne, Suite 350
Portland, OR 97214
|• Download and submit a Complaint Form|
|Gresham Police||Troutdale Police|
|Chief Craig Junginger
1333 NW Eastman Parkway
Gresham, OR 97030
|Chief David Nelson
234 SW Kendall Ct
Troutdale, OR 97060
|• File a Citizen Comment Form||•Download a Complaint Form|
|Chief Danielle Outlaw
1111 S.W. 2nd Ave.
Portland, OR 97204
There are a few ways to file a complaint with the Independent Police Review Division:
• In Person: Go to the Independent Police Review Division’s Office at City Hall
• By Phone: Call (503) 823-0146 to file
• Online: Fill out the online Complaint Form
• By Mail or Fax: Download a Complaint Form and submit it to the address/fax number provided on the form
*This information is not intended as legal advice. If you find that any of this information has changed or is no longer up-to-date, email us. Last updated in August 2017.