(Date last revised: October 24, 2014)
The American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon, Inc. and the ACLU Foundation of Oregon, Inc. (together, "ACLU-OR") is committed to protecting individuals' privacy. This Privacy Disclosure summarizes the type of information we will collect in connection with the "Mobile Justice: Oregon" mobile application (this "App"), how we will use that information, what information we will disclose to others and who we will disclose it to, and how and where we will store that information.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We permit children between the ages of 13 and 18 to download and use the App, but we strongly urge them to let their parents know.
- We collect four types of information in connection with the App (collectively, "Information"): (a) personal information you may provide like your name, address, email, and phone number ("Registration Information"); (b) cookies, device IDs, activity information and other data that is collected automatically whenever you use this App ("Automatically Collected Data"); (c) the video, survey responses and reports you generate while using this App ("Reports"); and (d) if you have enabled or opted into the App's BROADCAST or WITNESS features, your physical location (i.e., "Geo-location Information").
- We do not collect or store your optional Registration information unless you submit a Report. When you submit a Report, it may be sent over an unsecured connection to a third party email service provider.
- We will use the Registration Information to track and respond to your Reports. If you opt-in to the App's WITNESS or BROADCAST features, we will use the Automatically Collected Data and Geo-Location information to alert other users when you submit a Report and or send you a notification that the App has been triggered nearby. We will also use your Geo-location Information to track and respond to Reports. We will use the Reports to increase public awareness of and monitor police practices in the State of Oregon.
- We generally will not disclose your Registration Information or any Automatically Collected Data to anyone other than (a) to other ACLU affiliates or ACLU National; (b) to third parties who host, maintain, support or otherwise assist us with this App; or (c) if we are compelled by law to do so (and in that case, we would do our best to let you know).
- If you opt-in to the App's BROADCAST feature, when you submit a Report we intend to disclose your Geo-location Information (but not your name, postal or email address, phone number, or any other information we think could identify you ("Personally Identifiable Information") to others who have downloaded this App and have opted into the WITNESS feature.
- We may disclose your Reports (but not your Geo-location Information or Personally Identifiable Information) to (a) news organizations; (b) courts, legislators, law enforcement agencies and other governmental officials; (c) ACLU affiliates; and/or (d) anyone else we believe will further ACLU-OR's mission of protecting civil liberties.
- We will not sell your Information to any other person.
We reserve the right to update our privacy policies and practices at any time. When we do, we will post a notice at www.aclu-or.org, with a link to the updated document so be sure to check our home page regularly. All Information collected after we have updated our privacy policies and practices will be governed by the policies and practices described in the updated document.